There are two ways in which this can be done; through fastboot commands or Magisk. For the Magisk method, we shall be using the Direct Install feature which is absent in many devices. To avoid any confusion go with the fastboot method and if there is any error then go with the other to root the Android device without TWRP. First, you need to extract the stock boot.img file, this is a bit complex as you cannot simply extract the firmware and get the required partition files.
- Firmware is the shortest memory of phones that keeps your data of the phone securely.
- There are stock ROMs for each of the Samsung devices available out there.
- Before proceeding, make sure all the requirements above have been successfully passed or else you might get issues during the process.
- Therefore, you need to make sure that the ‘Helium’ application is installed on your computer as well.
- This increases security and ease of mind since you can physically access and lock your files.
- Using the Backup My Device app is another option for backing up your Android device.
When the screen goes black, press and hold the volume down and power buttons simultaneously. If that doesn’t do it for you, let me know your phone model in the comments. It makes flashing ROMs and making backups so much quicker and easier. And it also has a couple of useful extra features that you won’t find elsewhere. The Stock Recovery that comes preinstalled on our smartphone has very limited features. Like you can’t root or flash files using the stock recovery. Assuming you’ve copied a ROM (in .zip format) or other flashable zip file into the device’s internal storage you can sue the Select Zip screen to locate and choose it.
- You need to select a reliable tool to backup the ROM on your Android device.
- In the next section of this article, we’ll go over how to backup your Android device.
- Of course, KingoRoot also provides a PC version ( KingoRoot Android ) which has a higher sucessful rate.
- Some users’ device have some problems and need to have it fixed through flash.
- At first, we’ll use CWM recovery to make a Nandroid backup on Android.
So if any device partition gets corrupted, you could pick it up from the backup firmware and flash it via the tool or Fastboot Commands. Along the same lines, you may also use the boot.img from the backed up firmware, patch it via Magisk and flash it via Fastboot to obtain root. So without any further delay, let’s start off with the guide to backup your MediaTek firmware using SP Flash Tool. SP Flash Tool does not download the stock firmware require an active internet connection once downloaded and extracted on your computer. However, you will need an internet connection to download the tool and firmware, custom ROMs, or recovery images that you intend to flash onto your device. Once everything is done, click the “Download” button to start flashing the stock firmware on your MediaTek Android device.
Also, part-time watching news videos, playing Games and a deep lover of Web developer and Web designing. This is the best way to backup all your phone contacts safely with google. Once you sync all your contacts, you can now access all your phone directories anywhere at any time. Give the application some time as it will take a backup of your data.